Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2022

September 8th, Feast Day Greetings!

 

On this feast of the Birth of Mary, your family, friends, Associates and Cluny Sisters send special feast day greetings and prayers.  May the Blessed Virgin Mary and Mother of our Congregation, gift you with New Life and the generosity of her ‘Yes’, to do always and everywhere the Will of God.

Today we also honor your devotion to Saint Brendan, the Navigator, and pray with you, one of your favorite prayers.

This beautiful prayer of St. Brendan, the Navigator  (484-577 A.D.), also known as St. Brendan the Voyager, an ancient Irish monk, abbot, sailor, ship-builder, and explorer. 

It is believed by some historians that the holy abbot was eager to spread the Gospel to unknown lands, with the winds of the Holy Spirit in his sails, he traveled by boat to North America—making him the very first explorer to set foot on her shores. Some say it was the legend of St. Brendan's Voyage that prompted Christopher Columbus to launch his own attempt to discover the New World a thousand years later.
Happy Feast Day, Sister Mary Patrice!

Prayer of St. Brendan the Navigator

Lord, I will trust You.
Help me to journey beyond the familiar
And into the unknown.
Give me the faith to leave old ways
And break fresh ground with You.
Christ of the mysteries,
I trust You to be stronger
Than each storm within me.
I will trust in the darkness
And know that my times are in Your Hand.
Tame my spirit to the music of heaven, 
and somehow, make my obedience count for You.
AMEN.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Feast Day Dear Sister Mary Patrice
    Warm Regards,
    Sue Burin

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you for your yo Our Lord all these years.
    Warmest Regards
    Sue Burin

    ReplyDelete