- The UN Commission on Social Development begins meeting February 1. Partnership is looking for people interested in signing a letter supporting the idea of a Social Protection Floor.
- Add your voice to the preparation of the 2012 Earth Summit being held in June.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
|For more information on our NGO go to: http://www.partnershipforglobaljustice.com/|
- To stand in solidarity with the suffering of those on the underside of history by joining oppressed peoples in their struggle for justice and working for equitable global systems,
- To live in kinship with nature by promoting earth literacy and working for ecological sustainability,
- To promote the wisdom of all cultures and traditions by educating for global citizenship and providing basic education for all,
- To participate in a movement from separation to communion by facilitating communion among the world's faith traditions and developing and fostering a global spirituality.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
January 29 to February 5 is Catholic Schools Week and a busy week at Cluny School, Newport, Rhode Island and it began today with an Open House. Cluny students were present to give guided tours of the Pre-K to 8 Grade School. Watch for more news of the events taking place at the school this week.
Friday, January 27, 2012
Cluny School, Newport, Rhode Island; Human Trafficking Newsletter, Internet; Sophia Academy, Providence, Rhode Island; Mary Star of the Sea Christian Care, San Pedro, California; Lucy's Hearth, Middletown, Rhode Island; Safe House for Trafficked Women, Los Angeles, California; Wisdom's Way, LCWR Region 1; Sts. Peter and Paul Poverty Program, Wilmington, California; Good Shepherd Centres, Hamilton, Ontario; Portuguese Support Services, Hamilton, Ontario; Whitesville Food Pantry, Whitesville, West Virgina.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
One hundred and twenty-five Cluny Sisters recently gathered in Salem, India for a Cluny Pan-India Assembly. Sister Morag Collins, Superior General, along with General Councillors, Sisters Claire Houareau, Marie-Madaleine Lepcha, Bernadette Pinto and Clare Stanley traveled from Paris, France for the event. The sisters present represented our sisters in the Provinces of South India; South-East India; South-West India; North East India and Nepal; North India and the Plains. Watch for more news on this gathering. More pictures.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Students and Staff of Cluny School, Newport, RI recently held a fundraiser and raised $500 which they have donated to our Cluny Schools in Haiti. We are still in the midst of repairing the schools after the devastating earthquake in January of 2010. As CLUNY we are all one family and we thank the staff and students of our Newport school for caring about our Cluny Schools in Haiti. Follow the link to go to the website of Cluny School, Newport. www.clunyschool.org
Sunday, January 22, 2012
|Sahr David Banga, student of a Free the Children school|
Friday, January 20, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
|Sister Ena Maguire at orphanage in Guadalajara|