Congratulations to our Sisters in Sierra Leone who are Celebrating 150 Years!
Monday, April 18, 2016
“My Soul Proclaims
the Greatness of the Lord!”
Sister Joseph, you were born with a missionary heart open wide to the world and your story has taken you to many places. Searching to know and do God’s Holy Will and serving in response to the Mission entrusted to the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny, you have journeyed a long time and a long way from the depression years in Lawn, Newfoundland. Your 100 years have been a gift and blessing for all the world.
Congratulations on the occasion of your 100th Birthday. God Bless You!
|Sister Mary Patrice brings the Guest of Honor|
|Cluny School Choir sings a joyous Happy Birthday|
|Bishop Gelineau and the Cluny Sisters|
|Special Guests: The "boys" from the St. Joseph Home for Boys in Philadelphia|
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
- The Journey from Nigeria to Italy
- Corruption and Human Trafficking
- Child Brides: Kidnapped and forced to Marry
- Childless United Kingdom Couples Forced Abroad to Find Surrogates
- Marrying Too Young
- Forced Marriage
- United Nations Works to Empower Adolescent Girls
- 'Stop Surrogacy Now'
- 'Difret' - Film presented by executive producer Angelina Jolie Pitt based on the true story of a young Ethiopian girl and a lawyer 'embroiled in a life-or-death clash between cultural traditions and their country's advancement of equal rights.'
- 'The U.S. Global Strategy to Empower Adolescent Girls'
- Forced Marriage in Canada
- 2016 The Dirty Dozen List
- Seizure of Sex-Trafficking Websites & Resulting Felony Charges Against Accused Sex Byers
- Victories: Off Dirty Dozen List
- Challenges for Trafficking Survivors: Financial Stability and Housing
- Starwood & ICH Hotels Will Remove Pay-Per-View Pornography