Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Return, Come Back To Me

 Return  To  Your  God
With Your Whole Heart
 

 
Even now the Lord says,

Return to me with all your heart,

with fasting,

with weeping,

with mourning;

Rend your heart, not your garment.

Return your God, gracious and

compassionate.

 

Signed with the cross using ashes from the burnt palms of last year’s Palm Sunday, we are reminded at the beginning of this Lent of the three traditional Lenten practices.
 

Fasting                             Our thirst and hunger for God    

Prayer                           A contemplative gaze on Jesus’ Way  

Alms-Giving     Sharing our abundance with others

                                                                                   

Prayer Together

Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness;
            in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense.
Thoroughly wash me from my guilt
            and of my sin cleanse me.
For I acknowledge my offense,
            and my sin is before me always:
“Against you only have I sinned,
            and done what is evil in your sight.”
A clean heart create for me, O God,
            and a steadfast spirit renew within me.
Cast me not out from your presence,
            and your Holy Spirit take not from me.
Give me back the joy of your salvation,
            and a willing spirit sustain in me.
O Lord, open my lips,
            and my mouth shall proclaim your praise.
 
Psalm 51
 

ACTION

I will take your heart of stone and place a heart within you,
A heart of compassion and love


Throughout Lent, collect stones of all sizes, color and shape.
Build a sacred pile of stones symbolizing the promise of God being fulfilled in your heart and life.
Let them remind you to let go of our ‘Stoney Hearts’ and build Strong Relationships in our family, parish, country, world and all of Creation.

Sing and Pray With John Michael Talbot
Hosea:  Come Back To Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB0TWvag_Ic

 

No comments:

Post a Comment