Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Fifth Week of Lent


If  The  Stalk  Spoke About Transformation


A single grain
Dirt covers me
Total darkness
Moisture
Amazing transformation
Split asunder, dying to self
Two parts
Shoot and Root
Pushing upwards, pushing downwards
By a grace beyond me
Breaking through soil into light
From one many stalks
Feeding the world

As you take a stroll through the fields of your life during this fifth week of lent, take stock of your lenten practices of prayer, fasting and almsgiving/good works.  God molds the grains of these actions to produce a rich harvest and bring salvation to the world. 

Listen to the words of Jesus:

Amen, amen, I say to you…
If a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies,
It produces much fruit...
 Whoever serves me must follow me,
and where I am, there also will my servant be. 
John 12:30-33

Practice:       Letting myself be transformed to reveal God’s Presence
    in the world.

Psalm 51:             Create a clean heart in me, O God.

Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness;
  In the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offenses.
Thoroughly wash me from my guilt and of my sin cleanse me.      

Create a clean heart in me, O God.

A clean heart create for me, O God,
  and a steadfast spirit renew within me.
Cast me not out from your presence, and your Holy Spirit take not 
  from me.

Create a clean heart in me, O God.

Give me back the joy of your salvation,
  And a willing spirit sustain in me.
I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners shall return to you.

Create a clean heart in me, O God.


No comments:

Post a Comment