Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2017

4th Week of Lent

Forth Sunday of Lent



“Lord, that I might see” 

Jesus encounters a man blind from birth. Jesus touches him and his life and the lives of many are changed.  There is a new clarity and awareness.  There is a moment of enlightenment and light…the eyes of many are opened.  This story, as with many of the stories of transformation, healing and conversion, reminds us of the power of forgiveness and repentance.  It is the same in our own lives.  First we encounter Jesus. In this encounter with Jesus we “wake up”! Our encounter and our new sight impels us to go forth with new life. We go forth, washed and  cleansed. We recognize and know Jesus.  We believe!
  
“Open my eyes, Lord, help me to see your face.
Open my eyes, Lord, help me to see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment