Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2015

A Cluny Vocation Story: Everything is Grace



Sister Regina Brunelle, SJC
 In the 1950’s not many young women dreamed of going to France to enter a religious congregation. My father certainly didn't think it was a good idea! But having read the life of Blessed Anne Marie Javouhey, nothing else would do but for me to throw in my lot with the women who were still carrying out her mission more than a century after her.What was it about her charism that beckoned me? She was a missionary and I had felt that call since I was very young. Moreover, her sisters served in a variety of ways on every continent. That diversity also drew me. Her strong, straightforward personality lured me even more. But it was her spirituality ... her total commitment to a contemplative discernment of seeking God’s will and the determination with which she met every difficulty that really attracted me because I found the contemplative life appealing, too. In my youthful opinion, if ever there lived a contemplative in action, it was certainly she!


But Dad was adamant, and I finally decided I’d better just go somewhere on the North American continent. I opted for the community that had educated me; they had missions in India and maybe I’d be sent there. Lo and behold! All sorts of obstacles suddenly cropped up, making an imminent departure unfeasible. I withdrew my application.

Read on about how Sister Regina fulfilled her dream to enter a religious congregation:

No comments:

Post a Comment